Tuesday, May 17, 2011

BALANCE

I taught yoga at the women's shelter today. Our theme was BALANCE...How can you find balance on the mat, in your decisions about yourself and in the chaos of life, itself.

Three students participated today, and then 2 children joined in mid-way. As a yoga instructor, I found it challenging to keep my balance, amidst all the chaos going on around me while instructing. Staying focused and centered helped me with this challenge. I also found that holding space for the students, as well as the children joining the practice, was a key. No expectations for me, and letting all of them get from the practice what THEY needed TODAY. I had to remind myself that I am the instrument doing God's work. He is opening the doors and creating the journey that I am traveling.

This week, be kind to yourself, honor your intuition and find the balance between struggle and ease.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment