Monday, May 23, 2011

OPEN YOUR HEART AND JUST BE

Open your HEART and just be!! Theme for tomorrow's class at the women's shelter. My 14-year old granddaughter learned a BIG lesson in life this past week, when she wasn't selected for the cheer team, yet all her friends were. Her friends have been very supportive, as they all have BIG hearts. She had a dance recital the night she received the call that she wasn't chosen. She decided not to let it bother her during her recital and told me, "I just decided I wouldn't let it bother me and that I was going to have a good time tonite, and I did!" Yes, she is sad and upset, yes, she did cry when she got the call, but life goes on, and she's trying not to dwell on it.

Can we, as adults, just BE and live in the moment? Not knowing what others are going through or dealing with, can you open your HEART and hold space for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment